Pages

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Decoupage Box - my first


A few weeks ago, Woman's Weekly Magazine printed a special collector's centenary issue. In it they included a facsimile of their first ever magazine which was printed in 1911.

I liked the magazine so much that I bought another one and used it tocreate a collaged background to decorate a box. . I love ephemera and vintage images, so I used lots of bits and pieces that I'd never found a use for and created the box that can be seen above. The union flag dress form was dye cut using the Tim Holtz dress form and was originally a flyer for a play. The flower stamps is one of my favourite images to use - it was a Craft Stamper freebie.

Now my daughter has a pretty box to keep her images for collage (hers are stunning!) until she is ready to use them. This was a new type of project for me and I was happy with the result.

No comments: