Pages

Thursday 29 March 2012

Springtime Tag

It is very lovely weather down in Southern England... so here is a Springtime Tag... I think it has a slightly surreal vintage feel to it. I chose to use lots of coppery, gingery colours and to try things in different ways, especially my cotton reel flowers. The tag is made from the back of my Graphic 45 pad (Olde Curiosity Shoppe Collection) The Green paper is also Graphic 45. The other backing paper I made by spritzing Distress Reinker and Perfect Pearls in a Mini Mister and stamping and embossing my gorgeous Rogue Redhead Design Script Stamp in copper
I stamped and embossed a large Basic Grey clump of flowers and added some trimmed down  stamped and embossed Tim Holtz cotton reels to create my big flowers . The butterflies were cut from a Graphic 45 pad. I added a little Spiced Marmalade Distress Stickles. The Tim Holtz dress form was stamped and embossed in copper. 
And now my little bits of good news, I was so proud to be selected as the winner of the Bingo Challenge at Our Creative Corner - this has given me a much needed boost after battling this awful bout of bronchitis for so long and I am delighted to have proudly added my blinkie to my side bar.

Also, I was featured on the lovely Rogue Redhead Designs blog on March 14th  - in their Rogues on the Run design feature. Alas, I am tardy in saying Thank You so much to Sharon - Thank you. With a little help from my friends (you know who you are) I have also managed to put that blinkie proudly on my side bar too. So, in my head (my ribs still ache) I am most certainly doing the Happy Dance, even if I am not yet able to Futterwacken with the best of them! The Mad Hatters dance from Alice in Wonderland in case you are wondering LOL

I am entering this in the Copper, Ginger or Rust Challenge @ GingersnapCreations and would really like to wish them luck in their new  ventures

I am also entering this into Simon Says Stamp and Show a Tag

This week also heralds the start of a new challenge blog and I would like to wish Frilly and Funkie the very best of luck. the DT projects are glorious and I am looking forward to joining in regularly, I think I lean towards being a 'funkie' but hope to get my frills out too!!Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog - favourite vintage style

Lastly, I am entering this into the Spring Challenge at: Fashionable Stamping Challenges A site I love to visit and with an extremely inspiring selection of DT projects

15 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow what a beautiful spring tag! Love all the details on it. And that skirt of beads is amazing!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Where do I start! First, the weather all over the UK has been grand according to bloggers...yeah for that! Second, I am futterwacken for you, in more ways than you know. Third and last, WOW!!! This tag is amazing...love the paper choices, that flower is gorgeous, the embossed thread top in metallics is genius, and the beaded fringe again...love it...I need some! I love the sentiment at the bottom...looks like rivets!!! This is eye candy englishwoman!!! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool tag! I love all the gingery elements and of course your great use of your RRD Almanac background!

Thanks for playing the 4th Annual Copper, Ginger or Rust Challenge at Gingersnap Creations! Don't forget to come back and vote for your favorite entry once the challenge closes!

Yvonne said...

Sooooo gorgeous, Anna!

Sue said...

Goodness. That what this tag is. Pure goodness. So many elements to look at. So much copper-y, ginger-y goodness. Els gets her crafty gene from you, that's for sure!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool, such a fantastic idea.

Candy C said...

Anna, your tag is beautiful! I LOVE LOVE your design! The colors are beautiful together. I love the detail of your dress form...the bead trim skirt is so clever! Your flower is beautiful. Love the embossed metal spool tops. Great tag! <3 Candy

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Addendum....Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie!

Terry said...

Love, love this! What a fabulously detailed tag with so much vintage goodness! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie and hope to see you often!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Hi Ana,

Congratulations on winning Top Talent for your BINGO card over at Our Creative Corner. It was totally awesome and we will be excited to have you as an upcoming guest designer!

Your springtime tag is sensational. Beautiful colors and textures and images! I love the way the beaded skirt is swaying in the breeze! The butterflies are delightful too. It looks like you have brought a breath of spring into the sewing room!

We are so thrilled that you joined in the fun with us this week at Frilly and Funkie. Hope you will be a regular with us!

Hugs,
Linda

Lynne Forsythe said...

OH...my my my...SOOOO MUCH goodness on your tag!! Everything just works MARVY together!!

Thanks bunch for playing along with this weeks challenge at SIMON SAYS STAMP AND SHOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous tag, love the colours and the beads on the dresss form are fantastic ! Congratulations for your win too !
Thanks for joining us in our first challenge at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Maria said...

This is just lovely, Anna! I love it!!

Meggymay said...

Beautiful tag, I love your take on our theme. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
Yvonne/Meggymay

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous tag Anna, great take on our Spring theme.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril xx